Resilience & Thriving Facilitator Certificate Course
Course DescriptionGain the knowledge, skills, and tools to offer the “Resilience & Thriving: The Secret Power of Stress” training to others by becoming a Resilience & Thriving Facilitator. You'll learn, and be prepared to facilitate, a system that integrates NWI’s Six Dimensions of Wellness model with the concepts of stress, resilience, and thriving.
This engaging and empowering evidence-based course is offered in collaboration with Organizational Wellness and Learning Systems (OWLS). The slide deck, facilitator notes, handouts, book, and other tools provided in the training can be used in your own workshops, training, and coaching activities.
Learning ObjectivesFollowing this course, you will be able to:
- Distinguish between how stress, resilience, and thriving operates in individuals' lives.
- Identify the effects of stress and signs of not coping well.
- Identify personal coping styles and strengths for transforming stress into a positive factor.
- Identify how stress is a risk factor for both personal health (negative well-being, unhealthy habits) and workplace outcomes (absenteeism, accidents, mistakes).
- Recognize healthy alternatives to working with stress.
- Describe five specific steps to thrive from stress.
Register by May 31, 2023.
Teams of 3+ save $50/person.
Contact NWI for details.
Join NWI now to save!
Who Should Attend?If you want to help yourself and others prepare for and learn from adversity, this course is for you. The Resilience & Thriving model has universal application, as thousands of individuals have been reached across diverse industries. This includes the military, small businesses, Native American populations, higher education, healthcare, and corporations.
Continuing Education Credit (CEC)This course is eligible for 5 CECs and pre-approved for: NWI CWP (Category 1), ACSM, CHES/MCHES (Category I CC), HRCI, SHRM-CP, & SHRM-SCP. View NWI's CEC Info page for more details.
Course Requirements + ScheduleTo receive your Certificate as a Resilience & Thriving Facilitator, you must attend BOTH live Zoom sessions and pass the Certificate exam by the deadline noted below.
- May 31: Registration deadline; access to two required introductory videos + course materials begins
- June 7, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. CT: Required live Zoom Session 1 (facilitated online training that immerses participants in course content)
- June 14, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. CT: Required live Zoom Session 2 (facilitated training to review course materials, logistics, fidelity, and evaluations)
- June 14, 1 p.m. CT: Online Certificate exam opens
- June 24, 11 p.m. CT: Online Certificate exam closes
Course Facilitator & Developer: Joel Bennett, PhD, CWPDr. Joel Bennett founded Organizational Wellness & Learning Systems in 1990, and has since authored over 30 peer-reviewed scientific articles as well as six books, including Raw Coping Power, Your Best Self at Work, Well-Being Champions, Time & Intimacy, Heart-Centered Leadership, and Preventing Workplace Substance Abuse.